Step Up To Better Brain Health – Try Prevagen!
There is good news and bad news when it comes to brain health. The good news is that people are living longer than any other time in history. The bad news is we are seeing an unprecedented number of brain health issues affecting our families and friends.
Caring for the brain requires an understanding of its needs. The brain is a demanding organ. Despite comprising just two percent of average adult body weight, the brain requires 20 percent of the body’s energy and up to 25 percent of the heart’s blood flow. Feeding your brain the right nutrients becomes more important as we age.
Here are some tips for brain health and memory fitness:
- Eat the right kind of fat: omega 3 essential fatty acids, such as cold water fish, fish oil, or flax oil;
- Eat your vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, turnips, cauliflower and kale;
- Try coconut oil: provides help with short term memory, focus, and concentration;
- Balance diet with supplements: since only a tiny fraction of the US population eats a truly balanced diet, intelligent nutritional supplementation is a must;
- Practice moderation: look at so-called “bad” foods as an occasional treat, not a regular part of your diet;
- Get regular, moderate physical exercise: walking 30 minutes a day is tremendously therapeutic;
- Keep your brain active: brain challenging activities like crossword puzzles, word games and math problems help strengthen your brain and build new neural pathways;
- Balance technology with real life interaction: by all means, use your computer and cell phone to assist in enhancing your life. But ensure you have regular, face-to-face, human interaction as well;
Additionally, there are some exciting new nutritional tools, backed by good science, that can enhance your brain function.
One that I’m particularly excited about is Prevagen. Its primary active ingredient is a unique protein, apoaequorin, found originally in a particular kind of jellyfish, which has been shown to improve memory in those who regularly consume it. Just one capsule consumed each morning can help you develop better memory.
Martins Wellness is proud to offer this revolutionary product at all three of its locations: Dripping Springs Pharmacy, Lamar Plaza Drug Store, and Lake Hills Pharmacy. Stop by to pick up a bottle of Prevagen, or order online at Martins Wellness and start your journey to better brain health today!
Peter M. McCarthy, ND is a nationally board certified traditional naturopath, and a wellness consultant with Martins Compounding and Wellness Centers. He is the author of Adrenaline Nation: Chronic Stress is Ruining Our Health and Bankrupting Our Economy – Discover What YOU Can Do About It NOW! Trained in both functional blood work analysis and saliva hormone analysis, he is a former member of the Advisory Committee of the American Naturopathic Certification Board. He is available for individual wellness consultations at Dripping Springs Pharmacy, 100 Commons Road, Suite 1, Dripping Springs, TX, Monday through Friday from 12 pm til 6 pm.